Thursday, March 17, 2011

It's only as hard as you make it

Something I have (re)figured out this week: Life is only as hard as you make it. People (myself included) blow things out of proportion all the time. The secret to life is balance. In my life at the moment, I have 4 elements that need to stay properly aligned: spiritual, physical, and academic, and fun. Obvously, when I have a family of my own, or a job, or whatever the next phases of life bring, those elements will change. But regardless of what phase of life you're in, the key to managing stress and life is making sure whatever your elements are that they're all in check. I have noticed that if just one of these aspects of my life are taking up too much or too little of my time, everything gets chaotic and stressful.

So, feeling stressed? Figure out whats out of balance, reprioratize your elements, and chill out! "Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured," as a wise President Hinkley once stated.


No comments:

Post a Comment